Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Kambrook 1.5L Glass Electric Kettle-KKE760CLR

I had a gift certificate from a refund at a local store that needed using up. My trusty old Breville Kettle had done my family well for 10 years but it was starting to have a few problems, leaking or not turning on properly. I figured it was as good a time as any to upgrade. Most reviews of kettles out there were pretty ordinary if not dismal. The Kambrook KKE760CLR seemed to have relatively okay one's. Picking up another leading brand's glass kettle while there I noted it felt flimsy and cheaply made (surprisingly so given it's nearly $20 price hike on the Kambrook while on special).

A quick full boil to prep the kettle before it's first use and it was good to go. The cord is plenty long enough that you can move the kettle most places on the bench, it swivels 360 degrees although the blue light is only visible for those of us who pick up the kettle with our left hand. It's sturdily built, all buttons press very easily and it's quicker than my old kettle was to boil. The whole lid flicks up with the press of a button so it's easy to fill. It holds a relatively standard 1.5 Litres of water and the benefit of the glass is that you can see if you're about to dry boil it.

It's an attractive design and has been running well with no leaks or problems at all for the last month. I'm very happy. My only gripe is that the button to boil is very easily pressed and I have knocked it on once or twice when simply wiping the bench. Maybe something to keep in mind if you have young kids who can reach the bench. 

Priced very reasonably compared to other kettles currently on the market. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts :)